For People, not Profit
Stranraer Credit Union is a member owned financial co-operative, providing ethical and affordable financial services to a socially, culturally and economically diverse membership.
We have two social goals, which are:
- to contribute towards the alleviation of poverty within the community
- to contribute towards the economic regeneration of the community
We are keen to ensure that our members, partners and stakeholders share our values and principles, those being :
- to put members’ needs at the heart of what we do.
- to promote the concept of full participation by welcoming the views and concerns of all our members.
- to treat all our members fairly and equally, regardless of who they are and where they come from.
- to act at all times with honesty and integrity and within legislative and regulatory requirements.
- to improve the community and the lives of the people within it.
- to ensure that the way we do business is transparent and open, and if we make a mistake we will take responsibility for it and make improvements to ensure it does not happen again.
- to act as a caring and responsible employer, encouraging the development and training of all our staff.
Stranraer Credit Union will not only aspire to these principles itself, but will also promote them amongst its members, and encourage them to do likewise.